Home / Forum / Cosmetic Surgery: Body / Labiaplasty?

Labiaplasty?

22 May 2010 at 11:24

Hi all, I see a few old posts on here, but nothing new...
Anyone researching this? I am really considering it, I have no body confidence.

I REALLY want to have it under local anaesthetic and not general as I'm terrified of general anaesthetics (never had one though!)

Anyone had this done, any info at all gratefully received, or anyone considering it and getting any recommended names?
I don't know where to start....not much out there!
Many thanks

23 May 2010 at 18:27

I know the feeling...
yeah i've been trying to look for info on this for agesss and it's so frustrating that almost no one on here has said anything about it (maybe people just don't want to mention it)

i just came on this to see if by any chance there was anything new, and saw your postt

i'm getting a BA in July with Transform but also want this procedure and the only surgeon who does both procedures at Transform is Dr Vincenzo Giovinazzo.
So i don't have much choice and will be seeing him for the first time next Sunday (30th)
I am so excited for finally fixing this problem which you will understand!
I'll keep you posted with anything and would like to hear your story too
xxx

I like

5 July 2010 at 11:33

1st july
Hello, I had trimming of my labia on 1st july so am recovering from it at the moment. I thought about this for years and was so embarassed about talking to anyone about it as i thought i was wierd and different from everyone else.

I finally plucked up the courage to go and talk to my gp about it. I explained how it made me feel and also about how uncomfortable it was it certain tight clothing etc. She told me about the procedure i could have done and she actually said i could have it done under the nhs!!

So i went for my consultation in about March and had the op last Thursday. It has changed my life (or will have done by the time the swelling and bruising goes down lol). As far as im aware they would have to do it under general...but its such a quick procedure. I went in to theatre at 9.30am and when they woke me up it was only 10.15am...they told me it took about 25 minutes.

If you've got any questions for me please dont hesitate to ask...i know what you mean abut people on here not talking about it lol...but i will.

I like

9 July 2010 at 19:40
In response to kornknot91

I know the feeling...
yeah i've been trying to look for info on this for agesss and it's so frustrating that almost no one on here has said anything about it (maybe people just don't want to mention it)

i just came on this to see if by any chance there was anything new, and saw your postt

i'm getting a BA in July with Transform but also want this procedure and the only surgeon who does both procedures at Transform is Dr Vincenzo Giovinazzo.
So i don't have much choice and will be seeing him for the first time next Sunday (30th)
I am so excited for finally fixing this problem which you will understand!
I'll keep you posted with anything and would like to hear your story too
xxx

Giovinazzo
Hi, I too have this embarrassing problem and am desparate to sort it out. I have lived with the problem but not a day has gone by where I just wished I had the guts to undertake surgery, but I was just too shy and ashamed to tell or see anybody. I think seeing the embarrassing bodies programme on tv has made the problem even worse.

I did make an appointment and met Dr Giovinazzo quite a few months ago, I have decided that I will have to get it done this year and have been trying to save up for the deposit.

When I go on the embarrassing bodies site I noticed there are lots of girls out there with the same problem. Most of them are a lot younger than myself. But when I asked Dr Giovinazzo how many he'd completed it wasn't much at all, I think I worked it out like 1 a month.

I too am surprised there isn't much on labiaplasty on here and was so happy to see your posts. Please, please let me know how you get on, and if anybody else has any comments or experience of labiaplasty please let me know, I would be very grateful.
xx

I like

12 July 2010 at 18:25
In response to wms335

Giovinazzo
Hi, I too have this embarrassing problem and am desparate to sort it out. I have lived with the problem but not a day has gone by where I just wished I had the guts to undertake surgery, but I was just too shy and ashamed to tell or see anybody. I think seeing the embarrassing bodies programme on tv has made the problem even worse.

I did make an appointment and met Dr Giovinazzo quite a few months ago, I have decided that I will have to get it done this year and have been trying to save up for the deposit.

When I go on the embarrassing bodies site I noticed there are lots of girls out there with the same problem. Most of them are a lot younger than myself. But when I asked Dr Giovinazzo how many he'd completed it wasn't much at all, I think I worked it out like 1 a month.

I too am surprised there isn't much on labiaplasty on here and was so happy to see your posts. Please, please let me know how you get on, and if anybody else has any comments or experience of labiaplasty please let me know, I would be very grateful.
xx

Me too
hi there, i cant work out why you are going for this private?? as long as it isnt for cosmetic purposes - which i know only too well it isnt then the nhs will cover it.

im having it done end of september, ive waited 20 years, as like you sooooo embarrrased about it, finally saw a gynae in april and after changing 2 dates as didnt fancy having it done over summer have booked in for 23/9.

there are absolutly loads of sites giving informatin about this procedure, beleive me i have looked up absolutly all of them, some will scare the life out of you with horror stories and others say its the best thing and wish they had done it years ago,

im expecting the worst in terms of pain, but im preparing myself by buying anything i can to help with the healing process. how old are you? and yep i cant believe how young some of the girls on embarrasing illness site are
trouble is unless you have this problem its hard to understand why the likes of me and u would want to put ourselves thorough it. let me know how you get on, and id love to hear from the other lady how you are getting on now and what to expect xx

I like

12 July 2010 at 18:28
In response to beckimas

1st july
Hello, I had trimming of my labia on 1st july so am recovering from it at the moment. I thought about this for years and was so embarassed about talking to anyone about it as i thought i was wierd and different from everyone else.

I finally plucked up the courage to go and talk to my gp about it. I explained how it made me feel and also about how uncomfortable it was it certain tight clothing etc. She told me about the procedure i could have done and she actually said i could have it done under the nhs!!

So i went for my consultation in about March and had the op last Thursday. It has changed my life (or will have done by the time the swelling and bruising goes down lol). As far as im aware they would have to do it under general...but its such a quick procedure. I went in to theatre at 9.30am and when they woke me up it was only 10.15am...they told me it took about 25 minutes.

If you've got any questions for me please dont hesitate to ask...i know what you mean abut people on here not talking about it lol...but i will.

Questions! to beckimas
so nice to hear from others in exactly the same position, please can you update how you are now some 12 days on, how long were you off work, wot was the pain like, any tips for recovery. im due to have it end sept. so far ive stocked up on detol soap, an american sitz bath, epsom salts, strong pain killers anticeptic hand wash - just so dont want an infection on top of the pain im expecting!

how old are u? many thanks for taking the time to reply x

I like

14 July 2010 at 18:28

Time to share
Hi, Just saw your post as I am currently recovering from this op. I had surgery with local anaesthetic as I too am nervous of general ones, also it costs less. I just want to let you and everyone who has this problem know about my experience. Firstly my surgeon was just about the nicest person I have ever met and very important - a female surgeon. No-one understands a woman's concerns and needs like a woman! The actual procedure is painless as you are given numbing cream before the local injections and she is really gentle and careful that your completely numb. However, I cant pretend there is quite some discomfort afterwards, although you are given loads of painkillers/numbing cream and antibiotics afterwards. I would say you need to plan at least a week off work for recovery and first two days you need to lie down as much as possible. I had it done at the Surrey Park Clinic so you can search for that to find her or if you can pm for her name or any further details of the op. ( I have not put her name as I'm not sure of the posting rules, but if the moderator agrees please let me know and will post).

For me it was like finding an angel - hope you find your too, good luck.

I like

14 July 2010 at 18:44
In response to wms335

Giovinazzo

xx

Labiaplasty
Hi, have just posted on this subject, but wish I had checked through before posting, made a few typos - should have read "you can pm me if you want to know more".

I like

31 July 2010 at 22:05

Re:labiaplasty
Oooh guys, I'm so sorry, I thought I'd signed up for notifications but obvs didn't, so I assumed nobody had replied! Just checked and saw all these messages! Thanks so much!

Beckimas and Helenxa, I'm soooo glad you've got this sorted, yay!!! Thanks for putting my mind at rest - you hear so many horror stories, it's so nice to hear positive ones!!!

Hopefully I'll be a positive story too (we'll see!) and I can come back and tell how it was afterwards too!

I have booked mine....in 17 days time...aghhh....I am getting it done under local anaesthetic with sedation. The surgeon carries out loads per year (he's done over 200) and he's actually a gynaecologist as well as cosmetic surgeon! So, I feel like I can't do anymore, the rest of it is down to fate/the Gods! Hehe.

I like

22 September 2011 at 15:50
In response to wms335

Giovinazzo

xx

Channel 4
Hello,

My name is Emilie and I work for a television production company called Betty. At the moment we are making a documentary for channel 4 called 'The Joy of Teen Sex'.

Currently we are looking for someone aged 18-21 that has considered labia plasty surgery. I have been doing a bit of research and came across your post mentioning that you are considering the surgery. If you are interested in talking to us about this please dont hesitate to email me on emilie.wright@betty.co.uk or call on 02072900542 or PM me on here.

Many Thanks

Emilie

I like

19 January 2012 at 22:54

Scarsolutions
Can be done under local anaesthetic

I like

4 June 2013 at 0:26

Not local freezing!!!
I too was pretty apprehensive about General and never had it done with any surgeries before due to me being concerned however my surgeon said it is highly recommended for this reason: By using local freezing it will cause the areas down there to swell and inflamation occurs so area becomes very distorted. I for one, didnt want to make this surgery any more difficult than it had to be. When it comes to slicing away skin, having it the normal size in the first place means more accuracy!
I'm not sure if this would be different when someone is getting it done by laser instead though.

I like

4 June 2013 at 20:01

Labiaplasty
I am not sure if maybe this is an old post but will post anyhow lol. I had labiaplasty 9 weeks ago. I am healed to the extent that I am not sore anymore but still not completely happy. From what I can gather it takes a very long time to see final results from this surgery and nobody informs us of that. If you want to do this surgery be prepared for the emotional side as well as it takes a while to get used to the new 'you' lol. If you would like you can inbox me and I will give you full details as could be too long winded on here. I am very happy with my surgeon, very understanding and good at communication and dealing with concerns post surgery.

I like

24 May 2016 at 12:38
In response to funinthesun

Labiaplasty
I am not sure if maybe this is an old post but will post anyhow lol. I had labiaplasty 9 weeks ago. I am healed to the extent that I am not sore anymore but still not completely happy. From what I can gather it takes a very long time to see final results from this surgery and nobody informs us of that. If you want to do this surgery be prepared for the emotional side as well as it takes a while to get used to the new 'you' lol. If you would like you can inbox me and I will give you full details as could be too long winded on here. I am very happy with my surgeon, very understanding and good at communication and dealing with concerns post surgery.

Labiaplasty
Hi! I'm a journalist doing some research on labiaplasty and was wondering if you might be willing to chat more about your procedure? Let me know if so and can call or email! B

I like

29 July 2016 at 0:23

Labia reduction blog - please ask any questions
I have just had my labia reduction today and after looking at reviews for years and being those people that want to ask loads of questions to people that have had the operation, I have set up a blog (the only way I could think of documenting it) for people to see. It is of the before and operation day and I will also document the time after!!
I was helped so much by reading other people's stories and there were lots of questions I wanted to ask them but sometimes was too embarrassed. So if I can help atleast one person or show someone a good account of what it's like then that's good
Please feel free to ask any questions!!

Lots of love

www.labiaplastyuk@wordpress.co m

I like

29 January at 19:57

Getting labiaplasty surgery and want to feature in a documentary? Get in touch!

I’m a documentary filmmaker producing a 10 minute film on designer vagina surgeries and looking for the main character for my film! Are you between the ages of 18 to 35, live in the Greater London area, and about to undergo labiaplasty surgery? I’m looking for someone who is willing to share their personal life and experiences on camera, and have their surgery filmed. 

In a nutshell, I’m hoping to film: 
your consultations with the plastic surgeon/physician some of your day-to-day life, and potentially interactions with family and friends hopefully your procedure (this would not be shown in its entirety on film) as well as your post-op recovery 

Production begins w/c February 6, so if you are willing to participate, please contact me as soon as possible, for an initial telephone discussion, followed by a face-to-face meet up. 

About me: I’m a documentary filmmaker, doing my MA in documentary filmmaking at Brunel University. Additionally, see my website: chelseajanemoore.co.uk. 

I like

Go back to forum

Previous threads

Do you know this product?

Top of the page