Home / Forum / Cosmetic Surgery: Body / Tummy tuck abroad ? europe ?

Tummy tuck abroad ? europe ?

27 July 2009 at 11:53

hi all ,
i am looking for a full tummy tuck in europe , who is reliable ? i lost 5 stones and have too much skin now ,
any clinics where i can meet the surgeon in the UK ?
i also want my tummy tuck in a hospital so that i can stay a few nighs...i just want it very safe....

cheers,
x

Tone your abs with Jade !

Tone your abs with Jade !

Tone your abs with Jade ! Tone your abs with Jade !

What can you do with a pineapple that will give you a total body workout? What can you do with a pineapple that will give you a total body workout?

2nd episode: Marie shows you how to enjoy spending time with your little monsters while taking care of yourself... 2nd episode: Marie shows you how to enjoy spending time with your little monsters while taking care of yourself...

27 July 2009 at 15:04

Hi i had a tt seven weeks ago
I wouldn't suggest going abroad sweetheart. If you need to see your surgeon afterwards there's no getting back to see him. I had fluid after mine and had to go back to have it removed. It also will be awful travelling. I used Paul E Baguley from Darlington. He was great and the after service was amazing. Please don't risk going abroad as I have read posts on here about girls that things have gone wrong and the nhs won't do anything for them. Mine was £2750 and a full was about £4000? I had two nights in hospital and great after service. Please think twice before doing it sweetheart. If you want any info just send me a private message x x KJC

I like

30 July 2009 at 19:53

Go abroad
I can totally recommend Clinic Beaucare in Belgium for a full tt.
I am almost 3 weeks post op and I can honestly say they have done an absolutely AMAZING job. Total cost was £2350 (although I didn't have lipo, that will probably be a few hundred pounds more). The clinic is one of the safest and cleanest in Europe, no MRSA or any other nasties, unlike UK.
Surgeon was fab, knew exactly what he was doing and I completely trusted him. You don't stay in the clinic overnight after the op, which I know you want - you have to go back to the hotel, something to do with the laws in Belgium - but the surgeon gave me his personal number and insisted I call if there were any problems at all (even though it would have been over the weekend had I needed to call him). I must admit I was a bit worried about that one too, but after the op it was nice to get back to the hotel, be amongst your own stuff and just sleep in peace. I would definitely recommend that you take someone over there to help you though - my partner was an absolute godsend, couldn't have managed without him.
If you, or anyone else, need more info on the clinic/surgeon/procedure/whatever, get in touch with me. Good luck with whatever you choose.

1 likes-I like

3 August 2009 at 17:33

At home!
Had a full tt just under a week ago, thru Harley in Manchester. My surgeon is a chech. I've had two excellent nights in a hospital a stonethrow away from my home. Husband and kids came to visit same day. Got to go and see dr tomorrow for postop. I could have saved money by going abroad, holland or belgium give good service and because i am dutch i would not have any reservations, the proces to find a good dr is difficult no matter what country you are looking at.
When I was ready to leave i asked the nurse a few questions, turns out that the hospital i was in was mainly nhs with a private site, the surgeon does work for them, for himself, for Harley and also in his own country; busy man and his own boss.

(i just sneezed and it hurts!!!!! feels like i ripped my muscles apart again)

Good luck and just a question; 5 stone is a lot and i can imagine the left over skin, have you considered seeing your gp and have it done on nhs?

I like

4 August 2009 at 11:48

Mills
Hiya, my freind went to mills in marbella for a tummy tuck i went with her. she was in hospital for 2 nights and then we stayed in the hotel right next door to the hospital. she has a little girl so it helped that she was away cos it meant she cud rest.iv booked for a ba in october and im going with their new surgeon Dr Russo.
i wouldnt want to be in the UK,i think if you can find a good hospital like mills then going abroad is the best way. i had my consult with Dr Russo in manchester he seems fab.the hospital is so clean and all the nurses and everyone spoke english, my freind is so happy and thats why im doing it. im glad i saw first hand though.oh and you get to see your surgeon again in the uk for follow ups. and the sun shines haha

I like

4 August 2009 at 12:58
In response to florence1780

Mills
Hiya, my freind went to mills in marbella for a tummy tuck i went with her. she was in hospital for 2 nights and then we stayed in the hotel right next door to the hospital. she has a little girl so it helped that she was away cos it meant she cud rest.iv booked for a ba in october and im going with their new surgeon Dr Russo.
i wouldnt want to be in the UK,i think if you can find a good hospital like mills then going abroad is the best way. i had my consult with Dr Russo in manchester he seems fab.the hospital is so clean and all the nurses and everyone spoke english, my freind is so happy and thats why im doing it. im glad i saw first hand though.oh and you get to see your surgeon again in the uk for follow ups. and the sun shines haha

Mills
Thank you for the post. I am booked in September with Mills and Dr Russo. Everything has been fine so far. Dr Russo was fantastic at the consultation, I have every confidence in him.
The hospital looks amazing on their website, and its good to hear from someone who has actually seen it.
I was worried about going abroad to be honest, which is why I searched this forum to find out more about cosmetic surgery abroad. Their name keeps coming up. I also like the idea of follow ups with Dr Russo back in England. If you cant get aftercare back home, what is the point ?

I like

5 August 2009 at 13:40
In response to julie300760

Mills
Thank you for the post. I am booked in September with Mills and Dr Russo. Everything has been fine so far. Dr Russo was fantastic at the consultation, I have every confidence in him.
The hospital looks amazing on their website, and its good to hear from someone who has actually seen it.
I was worried about going abroad to be honest, which is why I searched this forum to find out more about cosmetic surgery abroad. Their name keeps coming up. I also like the idea of follow ups with Dr Russo back in England. If you cant get aftercare back home, what is the point ?

Mills
Hi im happy to help. having surgery in the UK or abroad is scary and you do hear horror stories not just abroad but just as many here in the UK. i can honestly say my freind was given the 5 star treatment by Mills and your right about the hospital but to be honest its even better than it looks on the website.
are you looking forward to it? i am and im excited about having Russo too.
let me know how it all goes and i will keep you up to date with mine.
Good luck your gonna be in the best possible hands

I like

29 September 2009 at 16:13
In response to mazzam

Go abroad
I am almost 3 weeks post op and I can honestly say they have done an absolutely AMAZING job. Total cost was £2350 (although I didn't have lipo, that will probably be a few hundred pounds more). The clinic is one of the safest and cleanest in Europe, no MRSA or any other nasties, unlike UK.
Surgeon was fab, knew exactly what he was doing and I completely trusted him. You don't stay in the clinic overnight after the op, which I know you want - you have to go back to the hotel, something to do with the laws in Belgium - but the surgeon gave me his personal number and insisted I call if there were any problems at all (even though it would have been over the weekend had I needed to call him). I must admit I was a bit worried about that one too, but after the op it was nice to get back to the hotel, be amongst your own stuff and just sleep in peace. I would definitely recommend that you take someone over there to help you though - my partner was an absolute godsend, couldn't have managed without him.
If you, or anyone else, need more info on the clinic/surgeon/procedure/whatever, get in touch with me. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Your surgery abroad in belgium.
Hi there I have been looking to find something on this forum regarding going to Belgium an ffinally I hav efound your comments. They are really encouraging and I have read up all about the surgeons they sound great.
My main concern is being able to travel back asap. i would like lipo sculptur eto my lower half various places as the price fro various areas is fab. compared to here in London. I do not want to stay ther too long family commitments etc.
Just wondered how long you stayed there although you had a different procedure. Are we able to see someone here in London for any after care problems ? I am so near to arranging this and very excited but at same time apprenhensive. any more tips or advice would be great. i am going to hopefully entice a friend to join me and possibly have something done at the same time !
Is it easy to get to the hotel and eurostar assuming that you used eurostar?Mnay thanks sorry for all the questions

I like

30 September 2009 at 14:28

Tt abroad.
I had a TT 2 years ago in the UK. I stayed 2 nights in the hospital and it cost me £5125.00 It was the best thing I have ever done.

However, I would strongly advise you to think long and hard about going abroad for surgery. I am sure the clinics/hospitals over there are clean etc and that the surgeons out there have the right credentials etc. It is the aftercare and travelling that I would be more concerned about.

A tummy tuck should not be taken lightly. It is a major operation and takes a good couple of weeks to feel like yourself. again. It should be monitored by experienced staff in a sterile environment for a minimum of 2 nights and then extreme care should be taken. The idea of going back to a hotel room or even worse flying back to the UK just sends shivers down my spine. I have a high pain threshold and looking back now there is no way I could have travelled back to the uk with my partner or worse still, on my own.

Plus, what happens if god forbids something goes wrong once you are back home? what guarantees do they give you? Yes, by law you are entitled to get treated by any UK hospital if your life is at risk, but surely wouldnt it be better to see the surgeon who carried out the surgery in the first place.

I know there are a lot of people who have gone abroad and had surgery with no problems, and that is fabulous news. All surgery carries a risk whether carried out in the UK or abroad. It is a risk that we all take.

I wish you well in your research, and I hope whatever option you choose is the right one.

Take care

Amy

I like

30 September 2009 at 19:50

Something could go wrong!!
Hi Kerry

My daughter put on a lot of weight during pregnancy and she was really depressed afterwards, to encourage her to lose weight, we offered to pay for a tt if she lost the extra weight. In all she also lost 5 stones and had a lot of exess skin on her stomach. We paid £6,000 for the tt and lipo. Her surgeon was execellent, but she had problems. We live in Bristol and she had it done in Birmingham. She was supposed to be in hospital for 2 nights but had to stay 5 and when she did come home she was only home a week and she had a big build up of fluid which she had to have drawn off, she came home and it happened again. This time when we took her back up to Birmingham they kept her in another week, and had to repeat this a few times, they even considered opening her back up, but her surgeon said emphatically no as you risk infection. On the upside her scar is excellent you can barely see it, the surgeon made a beautiful job of it. This was 3 years ago and she has kept her weight off. I am so thankful we did not go abroad for the surgery, as it was it seemed a nightmare at the time and I blamed myself for encouraging her to have a tt but I hate to think how it would have been if we'd gone abroad. A lot of people go abroad and have no problems and thats great, but if you happened to be one of the unlucky ones that did have problems you would so regret doing so. My daughter was able to get help quickly that would not be the case if we'd gone abroad. I agree with the other lady, travelling after a tt is not easy. It took it out of daughter just travelling back from Birmingham. Whatever you decide to do I wish you all the best. My daughter has not looked back and is so glad she had it done.

xx

I like

7 October 2009 at 9:16

Going this weekend to mills

Hi kerry

I am heading of to marbelle on friday for a full tummy tuck etc.I also went over a few weeks previous for a consultation there just to be sure .Had it with Dr Russo and he was fab.Will let you know how i get on next week . Hospital etc is really great and staff are wonderful to date.You will be able to have your consulation at home mills will arrange all this for you .Chat soon xoxo Meg

I like

10 October 2009 at 17:12
In response to meggymoon

Going this weekend to mills

Hi kerry

I am heading of to marbelle on friday for a full tummy tuck etc.I also went over a few weeks previous for a consultation there just to be sure .Had it with Dr Russo and he was fab.Will let you know how i get on next week . Hospital etc is really great and staff are wonderful to date.You will be able to have your consulation at home mills will arrange all this for you .Chat soon xoxo Meg

How's it going?
Hi Meg
I'm new to this forum but would love to hear how you've got on. I had a tummy tuck on Monday (in the uk) and am recovering well so far. It's hard to know what's normal and what to expect. I only spent one night in hospital and had no drains. Surprised to be recovering so quickly! Hope it has all gone well for you. You are quite brave to face travelling afterwards but i'm sure it'll be fine.

I like

12 October 2009 at 1:12
In response to kjc69

I wouldn't suggest going abroad sweetheart. If you need to see your surgeon afterwards there's no getting back to see him. I had fluid after mine and had to go back to have it removed. It also will be awful travelling. I used Paul E Baguley from Darlington. He was great and the after service was amazing. Please don't risk going abroad as I have read posts on here about girls that things have gone wrong and the nhs won't do anything for them. Mine was £2750 and a full was about £4000? I had two nights in hospital and great after service. Please think twice before doing it sweetheart. If you want any info just send me a private message x x KJC

Seeing mr. baguley on friday!
Hi, Just been reading posts and came across yours. I live in Stockton area and going to see Doc on Friday. Just wanted to ask how it went, did you have lipo as well, did you pay initial £100 consultation fee. Did you get in pretty quick after first consultation. Can you tell me anything else that maybe useful. Thanks x

I like

16 October 2009 at 14:24
In response to florence1780

Mills

Happy for you but.....
With me Mills has been disgusting.
Never again.
Hope it stays well for you though....

I like

21 October 2009 at 21:38
In response to mazzam

Go abroad

Clinic beaucare
Hi There

I have changed my mind so many times on what do about getting my tummy tuck and breast uplift. I have finally made a decision to use Beaucare and am booked in for 1st December.

I was just wondering what happens from now. i.e do I just turn up on the day ? I went to london to see the consultant a few weeks back but will I see anyone else before I arrive on 1st Dec.

How long were you in the hotel for and did you fly? I am booked to come home on 5th Dec but flying to Heathrow and then getting coach back to Bristol. Do you think this is too much so soon?

Your 3 weeks post op, how are you feeling? I have 3 young children and am unsure abut how fit I will be when I get back.

Sorry for so many questions but feeling a little anxious now that everything is booked.

Marie

I like

7 November 2009 at 11:23
In response to nicolaparkes

Seeing mr. baguley on friday!
Hi, Just been reading posts and came across yours. I live in Stockton area and going to see Doc on Friday. Just wanted to ask how it went, did you have lipo as well, did you pay initial £100 consultation fee. Did you get in pretty quick after first consultation. Can you tell me anything else that maybe useful. Thanks x

Mr paul baguley
Hi Nicola, i have just read your post and wanted to know how the consultation with mr baguley went. I live in London and i am tempted to go and see him as i think his prices are fair and he is fully qualified too. I wanted speak to anyone who has been to him , please can u tell me how it went, did u have it done..........??????? Thanx so much, also sorry to be a pain but if you had it done do u have any photos up. Taa x
Natasha

I like

7 November 2009 at 11:38
In response to tracey1913

How's it going?
Hi Meg
I'm new to this forum but would love to hear how you've got on. I had a tummy tuck on Monday (in the uk) and am recovering well so far. It's hard to know what's normal and what to expect. I only spent one night in hospital and had no drains. Surprised to be recovering so quickly! Hope it has all gone well for you. You are quite brave to face travelling afterwards but i'm sure it'll be fine.

How is your tum ??????
hi tracey, i am new to this forum , i just read your message and glad to know that you recovered very quickly. Did you have a mini tummytuck because with that there is a quicker recovery time and one night stay.
I want to have a mini Tummy tuck in the uk but dont know which surgeon to choose
Please can you tel me which surgeon u used and where, also do u have any pix .
thankyou so much for your kind help.

I like

24 November 2009 at 12:14

Jenny
I am dying to know how your TT went in Prague. I am thinking of doing the same thing so would love to hear from you Xd

I like

3 December 2009 at 15:48
In response to kjc69

Hi - mines a mini...
Hi I read your post and am very interested to know where you went for your tummy tuck. Was it in England?

I like

3 December 2009 at 15:53
In response to mazzam

Go abroad

Beaucare
Hello there, I found your post really helpful. I went for a consultation with Elyzea in London but they are based in Brussels. I didn't really like the woman who gave me the consultation and it appeared she was very quick to take my 30 quid from me, which made me feel a bit worried.

I think I will approach BeauCare though. Do they charge for consultation and which doctor did your surgery?
Thanks everso much for your help.
x

I like

Go back to forum

Previous threads

Do you know this product?

Top of the page