Home / Forum / Cosmetic Surgery: Body / Tummy tuck - post op 10 weeks

Tummy tuck - post op 10 weeks

5 October 2010 at 17:28

hiya

how are you all doing ?

Just thought i'd drop everyone a line to see how the recovery is !

Are you all happy with your results ?

Does anyone find around time of month you swell up a bit >?

I;m still swollen but honest, look so much better - i can even wear skinny jeans now, let alone jeans without the over hang !

i;m back with surgeon week after next for what must be my 3 month post op - i went a few weeks ago and he said still a way to go with swelling, which is ace !

Have you still got a numb feeling on bottom of tummy near scar ?? also does it still hurt a bit to sneeze etc ???

Anyway, be good to catch up with you all !!!

F

Tone your abs with Jade !

Tone your abs with Jade !

Tone your abs with Jade ! Tone your abs with Jade !

What can you do with a pineapple that will give you a total body workout? What can you do with a pineapple that will give you a total body workout?

2nd episode: Marie shows you how to enjoy spending time with your little monsters while taking care of yourself... 2nd episode: Marie shows you how to enjoy spending time with your little monsters while taking care of yourself...

7 October 2010 at 16:06

4 weeks post op
Hi I am 4 weeks post op and went back to see my PS last night. The swelling is still there and feels like braxton hicks! i am hoping in another few weeks I will be able to start to feel more normal. i have a flat tummy already and can't waith for the side flaps to go down so i can wear jeans. How long before most of your swelling went down and do you have any pics thanks x

I like

8 October 2010 at 20:42
In response to positiveloulou

4 weeks post op
Hi I am 4 weeks post op and went back to see my PS last night. The swelling is still there and feels like braxton hicks! i am hoping in another few weeks I will be able to start to feel more normal. i have a flat tummy already and can't waith for the side flaps to go down so i can wear jeans. How long before most of your swelling went down and do you have any pics thanks x

Hiya
i can so remember that feeling !

I've been able to buy skinny jeans worn some today that i bought from french connection, they are lovely -

honest, save some pennies cos when you feel you like you're body, you'll want to go mad ! Gone are the maxi dresses !!!!!!!!!!!

i've got some pics, but not very good at uploading, ill have a go over the weekend promise !

I'm back to my running now, still careful on using tummy muscles, but back at ps on 26th so will know more !

going to buy a dress tomorrow i've had my eye on for weeks, can't wait !!

xx

I like

8 October 2010 at 20:44

where in the country are you ?

My surgeon is highly recommended i've used him twice for ps and have botox with him he's excellent

he is based in manchester, but also operates in london too - honestly, i have to travel over 2 hours to see him, but i'd go further if necessary, he's brilliant

if you want his details let me know
x

I like

10 October 2010 at 16:34
In response to flbjam

Hiya
i can so remember that feeling !

I've been able to buy skinny jeans worn some today that i bought from french connection, they are lovely -

honest, save some pennies cos when you feel you like you're body, you'll want to go mad ! Gone are the maxi dresses !!!!!!!!!!!

i've got some pics, but not very good at uploading, ill have a go over the weekend promise !

I'm back to my running now, still careful on using tummy muscles, but back at ps on 26th so will know more !

going to buy a dress tomorrow i've had my eye on for weeks, can't wait !!

xx

Piccies
I have just uploaded my piccies from day 19 and 32 ..have you any of the last few weeks s i know whats coming. thanks

I like

11 October 2010 at 20:56

Tt
Hi there did you have it done? I would also love to have a Tummy tuck but need to research, who can you recommend, I live in London.

Thanks
Joanna
P.S Would love to see some photos
x

I like

12 October 2010 at 15:00
In response to positiveloulou

Piccies
I have just uploaded my piccies from day 19 and 32 ..have you any of the last few weeks s i know whats coming. thanks

Hiya
whats your password ????

F

I like

28 October 2010 at 22:38

Hiya!!
Good to hear from you.
I had my 6 week check about 6 weeks ago. The surgeon was really pleased considering the complications!!!
The bottom part of my tummy is flat but kind of sticks out a bit above my tummy button. However, in clothes i look and feel 100 times better than before. My surgeon said this could be helped with lipo after 6 months but if i did that, he would recommend lipo on my thighs!!! The cheek!!
Anyway, not seeing him till next March now so will see what it looks like then.
Yes parts of my tummy still feel numb but feeling is slowly coming back.
And yes I have found during the time of the month it swells up a little bit.
Love wearing jeans with no muffin top!!!!!!
Keep in touch.

Clare XX

I like

29 October 2010 at 21:03
In response to clareyb24

Hiya!!
Good to hear from you.
I had my 6 week check about 6 weeks ago. The surgeon was really pleased considering the complications!!!
The bottom part of my tummy is flat but kind of sticks out a bit above my tummy button. However, in clothes i look and feel 100 times better than before. My surgeon said this could be helped with lipo after 6 months but if i did that, he would recommend lipo on my thighs!!! The cheek!!
Anyway, not seeing him till next March now so will see what it looks like then.
Yes parts of my tummy still feel numb but feeling is slowly coming back.
And yes I have found during the time of the month it swells up a little bit.
Love wearing jeans with no muffin top!!!!!!
Keep in touch.

Clare XX

Hiya clare
lOVELY to hear from you !

I went back to my surgeon this week and he was really happy !

I still have a bit of swelling on hips from lipo and bottom of tummy above scar which he has said will flatten out !

i have to say, it's so lovely to pick up clothes and know they will fit !!

Only thing i am struggling with is my appetite at the mo - seems to have come back with avengance -

i am running again, but so need to watch what i eat - i dont eat rubbish but especially at night feel really hungry !

He told me to do the plank exercise just to keep tone -

I am going to a ball next week and have a fully fitted, slinky black dress - size 10 !!!!!!!!!!!! OMG never thought that would ever happen to me !!!!

Keep in touch

F

x

I like

1 November 2010 at 19:57

Hi there
Hi F

i am due to have a full tummy tuck on the 15th in london, i thought until i was ok with it, now i am begining to get really nervous.
i know it will be fine, and anything has to look better than what i have now, however i have a few really silly questions...
i hope u dint mind me asking,
what could u wear after your op, i mean on ur bottom half, joggers?
also how comfortable was u travelling back home?
its just that i have 75 miles to travel till i get home?
is it possible to do public transport, or will i need a car?

many thanks
louise

I like

2 December 2016 at 23:28

Hi everyone.  I have decided to get a tt and lipo the 15th of Dec.   I am a bridesmaid for my best friend on Feb the 10th next year.  Has anyone any advice on if 10 weeks is enough time to recover or not.  I have an office job so I won't be lifting or anything in recovery.  I don't know what to do.  many thanks everyone! 😊

I like

Go back to forum

Previous threads

Last author's threads

• Bikini line after tt

12 January 2011 at 18:23

Do you know this product?

Top of the page