:

Home / Forum / Cosmetic Surgery: Body / Varicose veins

forum

Varicose veins

27 May 2008 at 22:48

Hello

I was wondering if anyone has had varicose vein removal surgery and who you would recommend? I have a few deep swolen veins on both legs as well as bright red surface veins they are becoming a real health issue (although I can't do anything about it on the NHS) so I need a comprehensive and professional service.

Cheers

27 May 2008 at 22:54

Veins
I had a vein removerd years ago but had it done on the NHS so can't help sorry
XX

I like

27 May 2008 at 23:18

Veins
You should research on internet, I kind of remember(have terrible memory) reading about places that are specially for veins and they have special scanning machines to map your veins or something like that.
sorry not much help as I say its just a little memory

x

I like

28 May 2008 at 0:23

Been there!
Hi there,

I can totally understand what you're going through......
I had to have varicose veins removed from 3 parts of my legs (one thigh and both calfs) - I had private health insurance through Norwich Union and was able to claim my surgery through them as it was a health issue. If you do have private health care, they should give you a list of your local registered vascular surgeons. Otherwise, you may be able to do a search on the internet - a consultation is about £150. I mean I dont know whereabouts in the Uk you are located but I can certainly give you the name and contact details of my surgeon if you are anywhere close to the south (west sussex). The technology they use to look at your veins now is amazing - you can actually see inside your leg with blue and red lines showing your blood flow - my surgeon was able to see very quickly that I have a problem with the valves in my legs - basically they let blood fall back down the legs instead of up. I had my surgery with an epidural as they had to turn me over midway through the operation - I am absolutely thrilled with the results. Large incisions had to be made in the creases of my leg which are well-hidden and lots of nicks where they hook the veins - these leave tiny scars but they are barely noticable.

Varicose veins can be so restricting - especially at this time of year when you want to be wearing skirts and shorts - Having the surgery has given me so much more confidence now - and I'm sure you'll be pleased. The one thing I'd say is my surgeon had to say that if you suffer with varicose veins its a very strong possibility that other veins will become more prominent and you'll need another op a few years down the line.

My surgeons advice after the op was to keep legs raised whenever possible and walk/exercise a lot to keep the blood flowing.

If you need more info just message me!

Best of luck x x

I like

28 May 2008 at 10:58

British vein institute
Try looking at the British Vein Institute's website: www.bvi.uk.com

Shaz x

I like

29 May 2008 at 12:12

Hi
I am booked in on 21st june to have a vein removed from leg which appeared during pregnancy!
I tried to get it removed on nHS but no such luck as they dont do it!
Im only 22 and very paranoid about having it so therfore getting removed!!
Im having mine dun at a local private hospital, as i dont have medical insurance!
Its costing Just short of £2000, and thats not including post checkups that I will need to have!!

I like

3 July 2008 at 13:22

Alternate treatment for varicose veins
May I suggest that you Google Andrew K Fletcher and Inclined Bed Therapy, and read about the work her is currently doing towards alieviating this problem?

I have been so impressed by waht I have seen so far, including some impressive photographic evidence showing clear reduction in troublesome varicose veins after only one week that was posted only yesterday, that I have also just commenced using Inclined Bed Therapy. This simply requires the head of the bed to be raised 6" on blocks, thus altering the angle one sleeps at. Yes, the opposite to what has been suggested for many years by the medical profession.

Andrew K Fletcher has proved over and over again that varicose veins shrink on an inclined bed because the solutes in the body change the internal pressure of the vessels as they migrate down through the arteries and are filtered by the kidneys, and hence passed out through the urine. This shows how gravity is a beneficial driving force for the circulation.

There are many other benefits, too, not least of them avoiding the need for painful surgery and the risks of infection from that.

I have varicose veins and oedema, plus a history of phlebitis, so am more than willing to test Andrew's method of dealing with the veins. After having had breast cancer surgery twice since early May, if I can avoid another hospital stay and vein surgery, I'm all for it. Lol

Alison

I like

7 November 2012 at 21:21

Evlt surgery is the best!!!
I used to suffer from varicose veins in my legs for years. I work full time and my wife is disabled so I could not take the time off work that was required to have the vein stripping treatment. I tried to just ignore it and hoped that maybe they would just go away on their own. However, the problem has only gotten worse. I had pains, heaviness, and trouble walking, not to mention ugly legs. A friend of mine told me that their sister had found an alternative solution at USA Vein Clinics and the best part was that she went back to her daily life the same day. I thought it couldnt hurt to look into. I made my appointment to go in for my consultation and setup for the procedure. I didnt have to go be admitted into a hospital, instead they perform the procedure in office and I was surprised at how fast I was done, it only took about 10 minutes. After the procedure, they set me up with a convenient follow up appointment to make sure everything okay and also to make sure that I dont have any other veins in my legs that are becoming abnormal. The staff at USA Vein Clinics is professional and know what they are doing. My legs are now completely healed and I was able to go back to work right after the procedure. AMAZING!! The best part was that my insurance covered this procedure 100%. The EVLT procedure has worked wonders for me and I want everyone out there to know that they do not have to suffer with this problem and I encourage you to check out USA Vein Clinics, my HEROS!!! http://www.usaveinclinics.com/evlt-varicose-veins-treatment/

I like

13 November 2012 at 16:47

Varicose vein removal
Hi, I actually have recently had my varicose veins removed by usa vein clinic. I would definitely recommend them over anyone to get them removed. The procedure was fast there was no down time. I am really pleased with the results. If you want to check them out I will post the website below.

http://www.usaveinclinics.com

I like

5 December 2012 at 19:02

Laser for varicose vein removal
Hi,
I would recommend getting a laser procedure done. They are faster and painless. Also the prices aren't bad either most like the usa vein clinic that I went to my insurance paid for my procefure 100%. Plus some studies are showing that getting vein "surgery" you are more likely to have your varicose veins re occur than if you get a laser procedure.

I like

6 December 2012 at 19:31

No surgery. laser procedure
I wouldn't recommend getting varicose vein surgery I did a lot of research which led me to go to the usa vein clinic to get my laser procedure done which was awesome! I think I was only in there for 20 minutes or so. My insurance even paid for it. Studies show that in the long run, people that get vein "surgery" are more likely to have their varicose veins return that people who get theirs removed with a laser.

I like

1 July 2013 at 7:19
In response to shaz024

British vein institute
Try looking at the British Vein Institute's website: www.bvi.uk.com

Shaz x

Varicose veins treatment
Varicose Veins Treatment - http://www.varesil.com?a_aid=518d1582054df&a_bid=aef97b1d
I started taking Varesil because I was afraid that I'd need surgery to treat my varicose veins. I found that the cream really helped take away a lot of the ongoing sensitivity, and my legs are looking nicer.

I like

16 November 2015 at 23:31

D
Here is a good natural varicose vein cream
http://tiny.cc/varesil

I like

28 February 2016 at 17:17

Varicose protocol guide
I suffered for years with the throbbing and burning pain, severe cramping, and ankle swelling. At first, I covered them up with makeup, but as time passed the raised lumps and bumps gave me away so I had to wear long pants all the time, even in hot weather.
In just 6 weeks you could hardly see my varicose veins and my skin was smooth, even color wise and younger looking that it had been in years!

I was able to stand on my feet for a long 12 hour shift and not be in agonizing pain what a HUGE RELIEF this was for me!
http://www.varicoseprotocol.com

I like

10 March 2016 at 21:47

Dfdfdf
varesil http://tiny.cc/varesil

I like

2 September 2016 at 9:54

Varicose veins
Hi,
Varicose veins generally occur to many people including men and women both but mostly seen in women in the legs and thighs. This is blue or purple in color and it happens when the valves begin to function improperly. Even this condition occur due to age, genetic problem, obesity, pregnancy, hormonal changes. There are several treatment available for such disease like natural home remedies, exercises etc.
See more on: http://curevaricoseveins.net/blog/varicose-veins-causes-prevention-and-natural-remedies/

I like

7 September 2016 at 14:32

Treatment for varicose vein
Hi! Varicose veins are very common problem. My mom has had this problem after pregnancy and she had an operation. Now you dont need to suffer a lot with varicose vein pain and discomfort as there are easy solution to cure this also without going through surgically process. You can overcome this discomfort by following simple changes in your diet and besides this you also have options like Venorex cream which is the advanced formula to treat to appearance of varicose veins. The most amazing thing about this cream is that is completely made of natural ingredients, the combination of herbal extract and other clinically proven ingredients makes it more effective.
for more information:
http://nutrition-diet-for-varicose-vein-treatement.webstarts.com

I like

8 September 2016 at 13:26

Cure varicose veins
The formation of Varicose veins appears due to the improper flow of blood through the veins, In such cases exercise is very effective in improving blood circulation and at the same time lowers the inflammation. In order to cure varicose veins some of the exercises like calf raises, leg lifts, side lunges and bicycle legs helps in strengthening and stretching the veins of the legs. Some of the low-impact exercises are walking, bicycling and swimming also helps in curing swollen veins. For more details:
http://www.treatvaricoseveindiecomfor t.doodlekit.com

I like

18 October 2016 at 18:48

varicose cream http://tiny.cc/varesil

I like

18 October 2016 at 18:48

varicose cream. http://tiny.cc/varesil

I like

Previous threads
From hair ideas to outifts, look no further for your daily inspiration
pinterest

You might also like